I’m kinda obsessed with this little Microwave Pasta Cooker! I think it’s name limits its possibilities though. It can do so much more than cook pasta!
Bill has a lot of travel coming up so I’ve been thinking about what I’ll be making for myself. Before he came into my life, I cooked for one for YEARS and always found it challenging. Now there are so many fantastic resource out there. I’m not the kind who likes to make a lasagna and eat it for a week. I need variety!
So next month will be fun with lots of experimenting! For now, enjoy this one!
On a side note, don’t try to do more rice than the recipe suggests as it will boil over and you’ll have a mess to clean up. Ask me how I know! LOL
Chicken Broccoli Rice
1/3 cup quick-cooking rice*
2/3 cup water
3 broccoli florets
1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
- Place the rice and water in the Microwave Pasta Cooker, cover with the lid and microwave 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the broccoli using the Food Chopper. Mix the cornstarch with the milk until the cornstarch is dissolved.
- When the rice is fully cooked, mix in the broccoli, milk mixture and cheese.
- Return to the microwave for another 90 seconds to melt the cheese and thicken.
- Remove form the microwave, season with salt and pepper and stir.
*If you’d like to use regular rice, cook for 10 minutes.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @slicedicedish on Instagram and hashtag it #slicedicedish
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!