Cooking for one is hard enough but then baking? That can be impossible! I lived on my own for years and wish I had more resources available. So in writing recipes, I’m going to work on more to feed one or two.
This afternoon I tested this one. Since it’s made in the microwave and does not contain yeast like traditional focaccia, it’s pretty dense.
Focaccia for One
1/2 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning Mix
3 ounces milk
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- Spray the Microwave Pasta Cooker with oil and spread with the Chef’s Silicone Basting Brush.
- In the Cooker, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and Italian Seasoning Mix. Add the milk and oil and stir to combine.
- Place the cover on the Cooker and microwave on HIGH 2 minutes (microwaves vary and so will baking time so start watching it after 90 seconds).
- Remove from the microwave and let rest 1 minute.
- Sprinkle with the parmesan and place in a toaster oven 2 minutes to crisp the top and melt the cheese.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @slicedicedish on Instagram and hashtag it #slicedicedish
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!