My love affair with the Quick Cooker continues! This is one of my favorite Pampered Chef recipes but I didn’t want to babysit it so I decided I’d put the new pressure cooker to the test. And it passed!
I didn’t add red bell pepper to the recipe when I made it
because someone who shall remain unmentioned ate it and it can be omitted if it’s not your thing. I just like recipes that have a lot of color, and traditionally this one doesn’t!
Chicken Piccata Pasta
1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 1/2 tablespoons Pantry Lemon Pepper Rub
1/2 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1 32oz carton chicken stock
1 16oz pkg uncooked linguine, broken in half
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 14oz can artichoke hearts, drained
2 ounce cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup capers, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup fresh parsley
- Set the Quick Cooker to SEAR and press START. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in the inner pot for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into 1-inch pieces on the Cutting Board. Combine the chicken, the Rub and remaining 1 tablespoon oil in the Medium Stainless Mixing Bowl, tossing to coat.
- Add the chicken to the inner pot and saute 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop the onions with the Food Chopper and add to the inner pot with the chicken. Add the garlic pressed with the Garlic Press. Saute 2 minutes longer, stirring frequently. Press CANCEL.
- Add the stock and linguine to the inner pot and stir to combine.
- Lock the Lid, line up the sealing vent, select CUSTOM , adjust the time to 6 minutes and press START.
- Meanwhile, cut the top off the pepper and remove the seeds with the Scoop Loop. Cut the bell pepper into pieces and dice using the Quick Slice by placing the pepper slices in the Quick Slice and slicing once, then turning the pepper slices 90-degrees and slicing again. Set aside.
- Drain the artichokes in the Easy Read Measuring Colander. Place the parsley in the Herb Mill and set aside.
- When the timer is up, press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure. Remove the Lid and stir in the cream cheese, artichokes and red pepper until well combined. Cover with the Small Boil-Over No More and cook 5 minutes (this will thicken the sauce).
- Press the lemon into the pasta using the Citrus Press. Add the capers and the parsley using the Herb Mill. Stir to combine. Press CANCEL and serve.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!