When I first started with Pampered Chef, I made this recipe A LOT because it made me feel fancy and accomplished! I was putting a beautiful meal on the table… like a restaurant-quality meal! Then as my cooking skills increased, my palate became little more expanded and changing my diet, I realized this recipe wasn’t going to work for me anymore but at the same time, it remained one of my favorites and one that holds a special place in my heart.
To make it gluten-free, I swapped out the cream of mushroom soup and instant rice and I swapped out the parmesan for nutritional yeast to make it dairy-free. Lastly, I adapted it to be prepared in the Quick Cooker Pressure Cooker to save time and effort. So now it’s a win-win… healthier and easier to prepare! The hint of fresh lemon gives this dish a vibrant flavor that is perfect any time of year.
Chicken & Asparagus Risotto Dinner
Adapted from: Pampered Chef
Makes 6 servings
1 tbsp olive oil
½ small onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, pressed
1.5 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 tsp salt, divided
1/4 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
1 cup arborio rice
3 cups chicken stock
1/2 lb fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1 1/2-in pieces
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon dairy-free cream cheese
- Set the Quick Cooker to SEAR and press START. Heat the oil in the inner pot for 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper and sear and each side until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from the Quick Cooker and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add the onion, garlic pressed with the Garlic Press, salt and pepper to the Quick Cooker and cook uncovered for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the rice and broth stir to combine for 1 minute. Press CANCEL.
- Pace the wire rack into the inner pot with all three feet touching the bottom. Place the chicken on the wire rack.
- Lock the lid, select the CUSTOM setting, adjust the time to 11 minutes, and press START.
- Meanwhile, cut the asparagus into 1 ½-inch pieces using the 5” Santoku Knife. Zest the lemon using the Microplane® Zester and set aside. Save the lemon for later use.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Press the steam-release button to manually release the pressure. Remove the chicken to a plate to keep warm and remove the wire rack.
- Stir in the asparagus and set to SEAR and press START. Cook, uncovered, for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in the nutritional yeast and cream cheese and stir for 1 minute longer.
- Press CANCEL. Before serving, Press ½ lemon into the rice using the Citrus Press.
- Portion the risotto, asparagus and chicken onto serving plates. Sprinkle with lemon zest and serve.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!
Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.