Have you ever tried grilled romaine? After the first time I had it, I fell in love! It gives it an entirely different flavor and there is nothing like it! And this Caesar salad gets and upgrade to a Brutus salad with the grilled steak! I know you’re going to love it!
Skinny Brutus Salad with Grilled Romaine
2/3 cup plain fat-free Greek yogurt
3 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 pounds beef strip steak
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 tablespoons grill seasoning (I use this one)
1 tbsp olive oil
8 oz fresh asparagus, trimmed
1/2 medium zucchini
salt and pepper
3 romaine hearts, divided
3 hard boiled eggs, peeled
1/2 ounce fresh parmesan cheese
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a bowl or mason jar and mix well. Set aside 3 tablespoons.
- Heat a double burner grill pan over medium-high heat 3 minutes. Season the steak with the rosemary and grill seasoning.
- Meanwhile, cut the asparagus into 1″ pieces and cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice into half-moons. Season the asparagus and zucchini with salt and pepper
- Place the steak on one side of the pan and the asparagus and zucchini on the other side. Grill the steaks for 3 minutes on each side and grill the vegetables 5–6 minutes, or until grill marks appear, turning occasionally. Transfer the steak to a cutting board to rest and the vegetables to a large serving bowl.
- Cut 2 of the romaine hearts in half lengthwise, keeping the core intact.
- Brush the romaine pieces with the reserved dressing. Place the romaine hearts in the pan, cut-side down. Grill for 2–5 minutes, or until grill marks appear and the edges are slightly charred, turning occasionally.
- Transfer the romaine from the pan to a cutting board. Slice both the grilled and remaining fresh romaine and add them to the bowl.
- Slice the eggs and steak and add them to the bowl. Pour about 1/2 cup of the dressing over the salad. Grate the Parmesan over the top with and toss well to combine.
SHOP THIS RECIPE BY CLICKING AN IMAGE BELOW:
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!
Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.