In our health journey I realized that portion control became an issue… well, using the word “control” doesn’t really describe what was going on! We were eating way too much and somehow justifying it. So I made these as mini cakes that we could share. Plus, since it’s just the two of us, we can freeze the remaining portions and just pop them in the air fryer to warm up when we want one!
Lemon Blueberry Coffee Cake
Makes 12 servings
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose gluten free flour, divided
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh blueberries
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Combine the butter, brown sugar and sugar in a mixing bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla and mix well. Gradually mix in 2 cups flour, baking powder, soda and salt, mixing well.
- Toss the blueberries with 1 tablespoon flour. Remove the bowl from the mixer and gently fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the batter into the wells of a mini-fluted pan (be sure to oil your pan if it’s not non-stick!) Spread the filling evenly over the batter.
- Bake in the oven 45-50 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto the a serving plate and cool completely.
- When cool, sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!
Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.