I’m not sure why sometimes I just can’t make a recipe as it’s written! I think it’s because I might have tried something similar in the past and want to combine the two? Or maybe I want to add something to make it a little more nutritional? That’s what happened here. I decided to add butternut squash to the recipe to give it a little boost.
Butternut squash is high in potassium which can help keep your blood pressure in check. It’s also a great source of calcium and iron. And bonus trivia.. it’s classified as a fruit and not a vegetable.
All that fun info aside, this month’s TasteBuds selection came with this amazing recipe for Everything Bagel Mac & Cheese. If you’re not familiar with TasteBuds, it’s a relatively new monthly subscription service offered by Pampered Chef. If you ever find yourself in a recipe rut, let TasteBuds do the creative work for you!
Each month you’ll receive:
- 3 seasonings: Each month is a new theme, and you’ll get 3 packets of our seasoning blends, enough for 2–4 recipes each. Some of the seasonings are our most-loved, sometimes subscribers get early access to new seasonings, and subscribers may even receive seasonings that are exclusive to TasteBuds!
- 3 exclusive recipes: Each recipe card includes cooking tips and ways to make it your own.
- Additional seasoning uses: Learn how to easily spice up snacks, sides, veggies, apps, and even drinks!
- Online access: Get exclusive access to additional recipes, timesaving tips, and more.
One of my favorite things about TasteBuds is the versatility and ease to adapt the recipes to make them your own. Each recipe comes with 2-3 “easy change-up” ideas to make the meal meat-free, change the protein to fit your preference or a version to make it again in a different way (because each pouch of seasoning is enough to make each recipe twice!) Needless to say, you’ll never wonder what’s for dinner ever again!
For more information or to start your subscription, click HERE.
Butternut Squash Everything Bagel Mac & Cheese
Makes 8 servings
1 10oz bag frozen butternut squash
1 ½ cups vegetable stock
2 cups milk
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 scoop Enrichables Pea Protein
1 scoop Enrichables Super Veggie
salt and pepper
1 16oz bag medium pasta shells, uncooked
2 ounces parmesan cheese
½ cup panko breadcrumbs
2½ tablespoons Pantry Everything Bagel Seasoning, divided
1 tablespoon butter
¼ cup all-purpose flour
8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, cubed
- Heat an oven to 350F.
- In the Deluxe Cooking Blender, combine the squash, vegetable stock, milk, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Turn the wheel to the Sauce setting and press the wheel to start.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta as the package directs in the Multipot. Drain the pasta and return to the Pot.
- Using the Adjustable Zester, grate the parmesan to measure 2 tablespoons. In a 3-Cup Prep Bowl, combine the parmesan, panko and 2 tablespoons Everything Bagel Seasoning, and set aside.
- When prompted to “Add,” remove the vented lid cap and carefully add the butter and flour to the pitcher. Replace the cap and press the wheel to start .
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Remove the cap and carefully add the cubed cheese. Replace the cap and blend on speed 3 of the CUSTOM BLEND setting for 1 minute, or until the cheese is fully incorporated.
- Pour the cheese sauce over the pasta in the Multipot. Add ½ tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning and mix well using the Mix ‘N Scraper.
- Pour the pasta into the Rectangular Baker and sprinkle the panko mixture over the top.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until the top is lightly browned and bubbly.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!
Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.