Scallops need very little other than butter, salt and pepper to be amazing. But pour some delicious garlic butter over the top and let it soak down into the zoodles, well, that doesn’t hurt either!
I replaced pasta in this recipe with zoodles because they are healthier and cook faster. Plus, zucchini is packed with beneficial nutrients including Vitamins C and A, potassium, folate, and fiber. All contribute to a healthy heart by decreasing the risk of stroke, reducing high blood pressure, and lowering cholesterol. Garlic has been shown to improve immunity, stabilize blood sugar levels, and support heart and brain health. Scallops are low in cholesterol and saturated fats. So overall this is a meal you can feel good about and it’s pretty!
Seared Scallops with Garlic Sauce over Zoodles (GF)
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 6 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 pound sea scallops, patted dry
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- freshly ground black pepper
- 4 fresh basil leaves, shredded
- ¼ cup finely minced red bell pepper
- Melt the ghee in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the sliced garlic and cook, swirling the pan occasionally and reducing the heat if the garlic browns too quickly, until the garlic is golden and the butter is foamy and lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Transfer the garlic butter to a small bowl, scraping in any browned bits. Wipe out the skillet.
- Place the zoodles in the skillet, season with salt and pepper and sauté 3 minutes until just tender. Transfer to a serving plate and keep warm. Wipe out the skillet.
- Pat the scallops dry and season with salt. Heat the oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Arrange the scallops in the skillet, spacing evenly apart, and cook, undisturbed, swirling the skillet occasionally and adding more oil if needed, until well browned on the bottom, about 5 minutes. Turn the scallops over and cook just until golden on the other side and opaque in the middle, about 2 minutes longer. Place the scallops over the zoodles.
- Stir the vinegar into the garlic butter and season with salt and pepper. Spoon over the scallops and top with fresh basil and red bell pepper.
FOLLOW ME HERE FOR MORE IDEAS:
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time! Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.