This quick one-dish recipes has so many flavors that go so well together and it comes together quickly and easily! You can use regular rice or serve it over cauliflower rice. And it’s pretty! We eat with our eyes first, right?
Turmeric Chicken, Chorizo & Pinto Bean Skillet
Makes 6 servings
1 small onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
4 ounces ground chorizo
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1/2 cup chicken stock
1 15oz can pigeon peas or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups cauliflower rice
- Add the chorizo to a medium skillet. Cook over medium-high heat 3-4 minutes or until browned, stirring and chopping frequently.
Remove the chorizo from the skillet into a bowl and keep warm.
- Cook the chicken in the same skillet 2-3 minutes or until browned. Remove the chicken and place in the bowl with the chorizo and set aside.
- In the same skillet, combine the onion, bell pepper, and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes over medium-high heat or until the onion begins to soften. Add the stock, pigeon peas, oregano, turmeric and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the chorizo and chicken to the skillet, cover and reduce the heat to low. Simmer 15-20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the chicken and chorizo are cooked through. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the rice into serving bowls. Top with the chicken and chorizo mixture, sprinkle with cilantro (if desired) and serve.
CLICK AN IMAGE BELOW TO SHOP THIS RECIPE:
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!
Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.