What’s better than a brownie? When you make it even more delicious! Using my Blackout Brownies as the inspiration for this recipe, I sandwiched it in between a chewy oatmeal layer, then topped it with a creamy chocolate peanut butter frosting! The only thing better than how they taste is know you’re getting extra protein from the black beans! And I promise, no one will ever know!
Triple Layer Brownies
Makes 16 servings
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped
1 cup quick or old-fashioned oats (I use these)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour (I use this one)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
4 tablespoons water
2 teaspoons vanilla
3/4 cup butter, melted
2 cups sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 cup gluten free flour (I use this one)
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate morsels (I use these)
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9×9 metal baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the oats, brown sugar, flour, baking soda, and peanuts in a small bowl. Add the butter and mix well. Press the oat mixture onto the bottom of the pan. Bake 8 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Meanwhile, In a food processor, process the beans, water and vanilla until smooth and no chunks remain. Transfer the bean mixture to a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the melted butter and eggs. Mix until well combined.
- Add the sugar, cocoa powder, flour and salt to the bean mixture and mix well.
- Gently spoon the batter over the partially baked crust. Carefully spread to the edges of the pan.
- Return to the oven and bake, 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely.
- Combine the chocolate morsels and peanut butter in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Spread the chocolate mixture evenly over the cooled brownies.
- Cool until the chocolate mixture is set. Cut into bars. Store in a tightly covered container in the refrigerator.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!
Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.