Homemade ice cream is the best. And so easy to make! This spicy pineapple rum ice cream hits every single flavor note and you’ll be coming back for more and more!
The Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce is perfect balance of pineapple, coconut cream, mango, crushed red peppers, and a splash of rum. It complements the vanilla ice cream adding sweet and spicy. And the sauce can be used by brushing over meats before grilling, as a stir-fry sauce and a dipping sauce for eggrolls. But I’m pretty sure you’re going to keep it just so you can make this recipe over and over!
Spicy Pineapple Rum Swirl Ice Cream
Makes 8 servings
2 cups heavy whipping cream
1 cup whole milk
½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce, divided
- Place the bowl of the Ice Cream Maker into the freezer on the coldest setting for at least 24 hours.
- Combine ingredients in a Classic Batter Bowl and whisk for 1 minute, or until the sugar is dissolved. Place bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes, or until mixture reaches 45F.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer and attach the assembled clear lid to the bowl.
- Set the timer for 20 minutes. Once the paddle starts rotating, pour the cream mixture into the bowl.
- When the Ice Cream Maker stops turning, check for doneness. The mixture should be a soft-serve consistency. If needed, add more time until desired consistency is reached.
- Spoon ¾ cup ice cream into each Freezer Storage Container. Top each with 3 tablespoons Spicy Pineapple Rum Sauce. Using a dull knife, gently swirl the sauce into the ice cream. Top each with ¾ cup ice cream, then top each with 2 tablespoons Sauce. Gently swirl again. Cover the containers and place in the freezer for 2 hours before serving.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!
Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.