Ahhh…. the Everything But the Bagel seasoning craze! Yes, Pampered Chef jumped on the trend and added the seasoning to our Pantry line. And it couldn’t be better!
No one is REALLY sure where the everything concept came from. There are a lot of theories and claims as to who started it. Food bloggers have been posting their recipes for the seasonings for a long time and I think it really became a thing when Trader Joe’s came out with their jarred version.
The Everything Bagel Seasoning basically consists of sesame seeds, poppy seeds, black sesame seeds, dried garlic, dried onion, occasionally red pepper flakes, and occasionally coarsely-ground salt. It can be added to buttered popcorn, avocado toast, salads, sandwich spreads, roasted veggies, chicken, fish, egg dishes, pizza coleslaw, burgers, fries, really everything, to add instant flavor and texture. I find myself reaching for it over and over.
This cracker recipe is another old Pampered Chef recipe I’m bringing back and making new again. With this version, I made it using the Cookie Press fitted with the ribbon disk (that’s what gives them the ribbed design). It can easily be rolled out to a rectangle and baked that way. And when you throw everything into the Flex+ Multi-Prep Set Food Processor, the dough comes together in less than 20 seconds!
Beware, though, these crackers are very addicting. I had intended them to go on a charcuterie board I will be putting together but am not sure they will last that long! BUT, the good news is they were so easy to make, I can whip up another batch in no time!
One note on rolling out the cracker dough… be sure it is 1/8-inch thick before baking. If it’s thicker, your crackers will not be crisp. So keep rolling until they are as thin as you can get them. IF they come out after 20 minutes of baking and are not firm (when you press on them you will feel that they are not firm), break them apart in pieces along the cut lines, put back in the oven for another five minutes or so.
Everything Bagel Snack Crackers
Makes 100 crackers
6 tablespoons butter, softened
½ cup finely shredded Manchego cheese
½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Pantry Everything Bagel Seasoning
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons water
1¼ cups all-purpose (these can easily be made GF using GF all-purpose flour)
- Heat the oven to 350˚F.
- Place the butter, Manchego, Parmesan, Everything Bagel Seasoning, mayonnaise, water and flour in the bowl of the Flex+ Multi-Prep Set food processor bowl fitted with the multi-use blade. Power up the Flex+ and process until the mixture forms a ball.
- If using a Cookie Press, load the dough into the press fitted with the ribbon blade. Pipe out into long strips directly onto the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat. Using a dull knife or a pastry cutter, cut the strips into 1-inch pieces.
- If rolling out, place the dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll to a 14×10-inch rectangle using the Marble Rolling Pin. Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and using a dull knife or pastry cutter, cut the rectangle into 1″ squares.
- Place the Reversible Silicone Baking Mat or parchment paper onto a Cookie Sheet and bake 20-22 minutes or until firm and golden.
- Remove from the oven and cool on the Cookie Sheet 5 minutes. Gently break along the cuts into squares.
- Keep covered in an airtight container.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!
Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.