Paella is a Spanish rice dish that has many tradition recipes as well as some with modern twists. It is traditionally names for the pan it is made in, with this version made in the 12” Skillet. I love this Skillet because it is such a wonderful all-purpose pan.
When I first received this skillet I thought I wouldn’t use it much since most of the time I’m cooking for two people but soon fell in love with it. It’s the perfect size for four hamburgers and grilled cheese and is my go-to pan for all one-pot Skillet meals.
It’s perfect for no-fat, low-fat and fuss-free cooking because foods slide right out. The titanium-reinforced, 4-layer nonstick coating is PFOA-free and provides even heat conduction. The best part? You will have consistent results every single time. Plus, the 2-step removable handle saves in space in storage, in the oven and dishwasher. That’s right! It’s dishwasher safe!
1 medium onion, chopped
½ large green bell pepper, chopped
¼ pound chorizo
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 garlic cloves, pressed
½ teaspoon turmeric
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon oregano
1 pinch saffron
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 cup long grain rice
2 cups chicken stock
1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
1 cup frozen green peas
1 14oz can artichoke hearts
- Chop the onion using the Food Chopper. Chop the green pepper using the Utility Knife. Set the chopped onion and green pepper aside.
- Heat the 12” Nonstick Skillet over medium-high heat for 3 minutes. Add the chorizo and cook, breaking apart with the Mix ‘N Chop until finely crumbled. Remove from the Skillet and set aside.
- Add the oil to the Skillet and brown the chicken, cooking 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the chicken from the Skillet and set aside.
- Add the onion, green pepper and garlic pressed with the Garlic Press to the Skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until the onion is softened. Add the turmeric, red pepper, paprika, oregano, saffron, salt and pepper. Stir using the Teak Spoon.
- Stir in the rice, and stock. Return the chicken to the Skillet and cover with the Skillet Lid. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer, and cook 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the tomatoes in half using the Tomato Knife. Stir into the Skillet with the peas, chorizo and artichokes. Cover and cook 3-4 minutes or until warmed throughout.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!
Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.