True confession: each season I get a set of the new products Pampered Chef that will debut in the upcoming catalog release. This is a perk of being a consultant! Sometimes when I get a product, I open it immediately and use it right away. Other times, the product(s) will get put away and I feel guilt when I think I should be using them. Sometimes it just takes me a while to fall in love. The Indoor/Outdoor Portable Grill was one of those times when I received it and just didn’t embrace it right away.
I often thought that this grill would have been the perfect companion for me when I live in my apartment! But now that I am in a beautiful home, Bill does the cooking on his charcoal grill (he refuses to use a gas grill but that’s another story for another day) and when I was growing up, my dad did most of the grilling so it wasn’t anything I had any experience with.
When a customer purchases a product and I find out they haven’t been using it as much as they thought they would, I always suggest pulling it out and leaving it out so it would remind them to use and it will be readily available. Then once it’s in the cooking rotation, then it can be stored away. So that’s exactly what I did with the grill! It’s set up on a table on our deck right outside my kitchen and ready to go when I am.
A neat feature of the grill is that it can be used as an electric grill or can be used with charcoal! Isn’t that fun and cool? And it’s super easy to clean and there is no prep when using the electric feature other than preheating which takes less than 5 minutes.
Of course going through my PC recipes, I have several for the grill and dreamed of making them at some point… you know what I mean… those “some day” recipes we all have stashed away… Well, these grilled sausages will make your grill sizzle with the zesty topping that is unexpected and a tasty surprise. Serve it up with baked beans or potato salad (or both) and you have the perfect evening meal.
Grilled Sausages with Zesty Topping
Makes 6 servings
Adapted from: Pampered Chef
1 cup white wine
1/2 cup chicken stock
1/2 cup water
10-12 Italian sausages (about 3 pounds)
1 12oz jar artichoke salad (I use this one)
1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 4 wedges
1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- Heat the Indoor/Outdoor Portable Grill for cooking at medium temperature. Combine wine, stock and water in the 12” Skillet. Prick sausages several times. Place sausages in the wine mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10-15 minutes or until sausages are no longer pink. Remove sausages from liquid and discard the liquid.
- Meanwhile, drain the artichoke salad using the Easy Read Measuring Colander, then chop the artichoke salad in the Manual Food Processor until coarsely chopped. Quarter the tomatoes using the Tomato Knife and dice the bell pepper using the Quick Slice.
- Place the Grill Mat on the grill and add the artichoke topping. Grill, covered, for 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and keep warm.
- Add the sausages to the grill and grill, covered, 4-6 minutes or until sausages are evenly browned, turning occasionally with the BBQ Tongs. Remove sausages from the grill.
- To serve, place the sausages on serving plates and top with the artichoke topping.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!
Everything on this site, recipes and photos belong to the author and any reprints are only by permission of the author.