Today it’s a chilly spring rainy day in PA and we are under quarantine like everyone else. I have pulled pork in the slow cooker and I wanted to test this recipe for a while. This is such a favorite and so easy! As a shortcut you can always use a pre-made crust and brownie mix, but this one is from scratch for you!
I often overlook my tart pan. I don’t bake as much as I used to but love having it and the nonstick inside makes it easy to use. And this recipe is a show stopper!
Macaroon Brownie Tart
1 cup gluten-free flour (I use this one)
1/4 cup ghee
1 egg white
2 cups coconut sugar
1-1/2 cups ghee, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 egg yolks (reserve whites)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup cocoa powder
1 cup gluten-free flour
1/2 cup mini chocolate morsels (I use these)
3/4 cup coconut
1/2 cup almond or coconut milk
3 egg whites
1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Place the flour, ghee, and egg white in a food processor. Process until the dough comes together into a ball.
- Remove the dough to a rolling mat and roll to an 11-1/2 inch circle. Place in a 10-1/2″ tart pan and press into the edges. Prick the bottom with a fork and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar and ghee until well combined. Add the vanilla and egg yolks, one at a time, combining after each addition. Add the cocoa powder and flour and mix well.
- Pour the brownie layer into the tart pan and smooth the top. Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the brownie layer.
- In another bowl, mix the coconut, almond milk and egg whites, whisking until well combined. Spoon over the brownie layer and chocolate chips.
- Sprinkle the almonds around the edge.
- Place in the oven and bake 40-50 minutes until the center is set and the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool 1 hour. Serve slightly warm.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!