You will NEVER have soup from a can again after you’ve made this! Fall is coming in full swing here in PA and tonight it’s mid-50s and drizzly, so this ended up being the perfect dinner for us.
If you prefer a chunkier soup, just chop some extra mushrooms and stir then in at the end. I love recipes like this that can be adapted to any preference. This recipe is based on one from Chef Chloe Coscarelli.
I’m loving that there are so few steps to this recipe! Saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic, then transfer to the Blender and let it work its magic!
A few things to note… I’m not a huge fan of anything salty so be sure to adjust the seasonings to your preference. What that means is you might (probably) need more salt than the recipe calls for. Also, the fresh parsley knocks this one out of the park. Mix it in your soup bowl so you get some in each bite. It’s a game changer. The earthy freshness with this smooth soup is unmatched.
2 tablespoons olive oil
3/4 cup chopped white onion
1 pound white mushrooms
3 garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 cup dry white wine
3 cups water
2 teaspoons seas salt
1/2 cup almond milk
1 envelope Enrichables Pea Protein
3/4 cup fresh parsley
- Heat the oil in the 12″ Stainless Nonstick Skillet over medium heat. Meanwhile, chop the onion with the Food Chopper and add to the Skillet.
- Quarter the mushrooms and add to the Skillet. Saute the onion and mushrooms 5 minutes. Press in the garlic with the Garlic Press and continue to saute 1 minute longer. Add the wine to the Skillet and cook 1 minute more.
- Add the water to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Transfer the contents of the Skillet to the Blender and secure the lid. Turn the wheel to select the SOUP setting and press the wheel to start.
- When the timer is up, press CANCEL. Remove the vented lid cap and carefully add the almond milk and Pea Protein. Replace the cap and select Custom Blend. Process for one minute. Remove the Lid and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into bowls and generously garnish each serving with parsley from the Herb Mill and freshly milled black pepper.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!