Sometimes there is just something about a sauce can go with anything… dipping bread into it, served over spiralized veggies… this is one of them. Adapted from Rachael Ray’s You Won’t Be Single For Long Vodka Sauce, this recipe utilizes Pampered Chef’s Deluxe Cooking Blender. No more watching your stove or your sauce. Just sit back, smell the amazing aroma and imagine all of the ways you’ll use this sauce.
Silky Smooth Vodka Sauce
Makes 7 cups
1/2 cup cashews
2 teaspoons olive oil
2 teaspoons ghee
2 garlic cloves
1 cup vodka
1 cup vegetable stock
32 ounces San Marzano peeled tomatoes
1 6oz can tomato paste
1/2 cup water
20 fresh basil leaves
salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cashews in a 1-Cup Prep Bowl, cover with water and set aside.
- Heat the oil and ghee in the 8″ Nonstick Fry Pan. Using the Food Chopper, finely chop the garlic and shallots and add to the Pan. Saute 2-3 minuets or until soft.
- Meanwhile, add the vodka, stock, tomatoes and their liquid and tomato paste to the Deluxe Cooking Blender. Add the shallots and garlic. Lock the lid, select the Sauce setting and push start.
- When the time beeps and the display reads ADD, gently remove the Lid.
- Drain and rinse the cashews in the Easy Read Measuring Colander. Add the cashews, water and basil to the Blender, replace the Lid and press start.
- When the cycle is complete, remove the Lid and taste. Add salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve over pasta, spiralized vegetables or as a dipping sauce.
Some of the links in this post may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!