This is a classic Pampered Chef recipe that I haven’t had since switching to the GF/DF way of life. After reading through the *beyond* section of Inspiralized & Beyond, it got me thinking more creatively and I wondered how I could use those ideas and make this!
This is going to be a bit different from my normal recipe posts because I’m including step-by-step pictures so you can see how I put it together. Hope it helps!
Chicken Broccoli Braid
1 cup broccoli florets, chopped
2 cups cooked chicken, chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper, diced
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 teaspoons dill seasoning mix (I use this one)
1 garlic clove, minced
2 small yellow squash
additional dill seasoning mix
- Heat the oven to 375˚F.
- In a bowl, combine the broccoli, chicken, bell pepper, mayonnaise, dill seasoning, and garlic.
- Cut the ends of the squash and cut in half lengthwise. Using a mandoline, slice the squash lengthwise into planks that are about 1/8″ thick. (I use this slicer on the #2 setting).
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet. Lay the squash slices end to end crosswise on the pan.
- Spread the filling down the middle. Bring the squash ends up to meet in the middle and secure with toothpicks.
- Lightly mist the braid with olive oil (I use this sprtizer). Sprinkle additional dill seasoning over the braid.
- Bake 18-20 minutes until the squash is soft and the chicken mixture is heated through.
- Remove from the oven and remove the toothpicks. Cut into slices and serve.
I’m really excited with how this turned out! While it’s definitely not the cheesy-bready-ooey-gooey goodness of the original, it comes in a close second! Plus, this one comes in at 112 calories while the original is 360 so I like this version better!
Some of the links on this page may be affiliate links. Colleen Finley is an independent advanced director for Pampered Chef. She earns a commission by linking to products she uses and trusts. If you purchase a product through her website link, your cost will be the same, and Colleen will automatically receive a small commission. Your support is greatly appreciated and helps us enrich lives, one meal and one memory at a time!